We are on the lookout for submissions that are educational, inspirational, and innovative with a Michigan focus. We encourage practitioners and business owners to submit articles, specifically for the purpose of educating our readership.
We select articles to post which create a balanced offering that upholds and enlivens the mission of HGJ. We edit as needed to provide consistency. Please note that we prefer to publish pieces that are created specifically for our web site and have not been previously published elsewhere.
We accept unsolicited submissions. We do not pay our writers for their submissions. All writers receive a complementary biographical sketch at the end of their article which can support them in educating the public on their business/mission.
When submitting your articles, we request the following guidelines be met:
- Articles should ideally be 500 words, though a range of 400 to 800 words is acceptable in some cases. Articles longer than that are less likely to be placed unless they qualify as a “Special Feature.”
- We ask that you single space your articles.
- Please eliminate all hard returns at the ends of lines.
- Author biographical sketches should be 40 words or less. Keep them brief and to the point.
- You may include an author photograph. These are usually head shots and do not have to be taken professionally. We would like to receive them in JPEG format at a minimum of 300 dpi. If you are unsure whether or not your photo meets these requirements please send it in a size no smaller than 4"x5".
- Articles, bios, author photo and your mailing address should be e-mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your involvement in HGJ and look forward to hearing from you.
Patricia McLellan Lutz
HGJ does not necessarily endorse the articles, products or advertisements found on our web site. HGJ reserves the right to refuse articles or advertising which are inappropriate or not in harmony with the editorial policy of HGJ. Please obtain written permission before reproducing any part of this web site.